Friday, June 26, 2009

D'oh! It's National Recycling Week and I've been Tagged...

Until about an hour ago, I was on vacation in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware. The lovely beach house that I shared with my long suffering husband and 6 teenage girls was spacious and comfortable and in a Internet wasteland. No computers, no email, no blogging (good thing Blogger lets you pre-schedule posts).

So, I had no idea that Lorna (over at CalifLorna) had tagged me in her post on National Recycling Week (June 22-28). If you haven't heard about National Recycling Week it may be because it's a British event. However, the Internet is a world without borders and Lorna, herself, was tagged to promote recycling and thought that I would be up for the challenge. Of course I am! Besides, National Recycling Week doesn't end until tomorrow.

My family is big on recycling. We have a very large bin for paper recycling (supplied by the county) that's bigger than our garbage can. We also have a county-supplied recycling bin for plastic and glass. In addition, Liz created a compost pile near our vegetable garden early this spring and my husband uses a recycling mower that allows lawn clippings to fall back into the grass.

Even on our vacation, the whole gang put all recyclable materials into bags and we drove them to the town's central collection point.

So where does the challenge come in? Well, I was supposed to visit RecycleNow.com and make a recycling-type pledge (I picked more composting), name a friend who would hold me to it (I picked Lorna), and then challenge someone else. Honestly, the clock is ticking on this one but it's such a good idea. So, I think the best option here is to challenge all of YOU!!

Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to follow the rules below:

1. Visit Recycle Now and make a pledge

2. Write a post sharing the details of your pledge on your own blog

3. Tag another blogger who might also be up for the challenge (if you can do this quickly).

4. Come back to this post at The Rubbish Diet and share your pledge with others by placing a link to your pledge in the comment field.

No comments:

Post a Comment