Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"National Geographic Adventure" Needs Your Getaway Ideas

This interesting bit came to me this morning. National Geographic Adventure magazine is looking for fabulous ideas for weekend getaways. They want specific information about novel places, unusual hikes, and out-of-the way destinations. If you have an adventure that you'd like to share, here's what you need to know:

Email: bob@howells.com

Title: Editor at Large

Deadline: 12:07pm PACIFIC - 10 July

I have an ongoing need for specific, detailed tips about adventurous outdoor weekend getaways. I'm looking for savvy angles: off-the- radar places and ways to experience them. These can be outfitted trips, lodge-based activities, or DIY adventures. Beauty and physical activity are paramount. Generalities like "There's lots of hiking in the Rockies" are worthless. Tell me what trail, where, why, how long, what we'll see, feel...

Lead time is five months. Immediate need is for November, but I keep all good leads on file. I write 16 of these per issue, so I rely on local expertise. Tips from the Midwest and South are especially welcome.

Region: U.S. and southern Canada

Remember to: Please put "Next Weekend" in the subject line.

Click here to get a sense of what NGA is looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment